Product Service Technician
viZaar Industrial Imaging - North America is seeking a Product Service Technician to join our team in Pittsburgh, PA.
viZaar Industrial Imaging provides the ultimate in German engineering for Remote Visual Inspection (RVI) applications. Since 1996 viZaar has delivered unique and genuinely innovative products and inspection solutions to industry. Our products include the VUMAN® Videoprobe System, specialized mini heat exchanger/steam generator inspection cameras, tank and vessel cameras and 360° autofocus dual sensor pipe inspection cameras.
The Product Service Technician position will be primarily responsible for product repair and service activities for all viZaar RVI products. In this position the successful candidate will interface directly between viZaar and customers throughout North America. It is anticipated that the career path for the person who fulfills this role will include the development and leadership of a product service and repair organization for North America.
- Working knowledge of video and PC technologies
- Ability to work with micro mechanics
- Familiarity with electronics soldering, adhesive processes including optics and mini laser welding
- Basic understanding of optics
- Failure analysis proficiency
- Knowledge and experience with RVI and/or NDT equipment, markets and customers
- 1st class communication skills; written and verbal (German language skills will be a huge plus)
- Working competency with Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, plan and organize time
- Willingness to travel within North America and to Europe. It will be essential for the successful candidate to make multiple trips to Germany for training. Some trips to Germany will be more than a month long.
The management team at viZaar understands that no candidate is likely meet all of these requirements. We are looking for a versatile, motivated and dedicated person who wants to share in the overall success of our company. We are keen to talk with any ambitious candidate with a skill set which is similar to the requirements but not necessarily a precise match.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Applicants please send resumes to